Sunday, December 9, 2012

TEST#06 COLLECTIVE MAP VS INDIVIDUAL


COLLECTIVE MAP VS INDIVIDUAL

A comment  made by Bertrand Russell made me think; "Scientific knowledge  aims  at being wholly impersonal and tries  to  state  what has been discovered by the  collective intellect of mankind. It is important for cartographers to understand this distinction between individual and  collective  intellect."

This time the challenge was to destroy this old division between individual and collective intellect. I want to generate a map made by the perception of a collective but mixing it with my own subjective point of view. First I generate my own perceptive map, one thing of Milan that catches my attention  is that in every corner it have a gate. I want to make a personal map of that gates and mix with the collective information. In order to construct a first collective perception of the places I use digital tools as Google AdwordsGephiCytoscape and I start analizing phisical places as if it were virtual places, by number of likes, searchs and virtual visitors.